It’s Good Friday here and the Easter spirit is in the air. Before we celebrate Jesus’ resurrection, we first commemorate his passion. Back in my pre-teen acolyte/sacristan/altar server days, I used to participate in this The Seven Last Words or Siete Palabras service at Good Friday noon.
Now that I’m a graduate student, I thought of coming up with our own version of the seven last words:
- My TA self, forgive them undergrads for they do not know what they are doing, or what they even have to do.
- I say to you, today you shall be with me in research funding paradise.
- PhD student, behold your postdoc. Postdoc, behold your slave.
- My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? — yes this one’s still the same haha!
- I thirst for positive results.
- It (my experiment) is finished — oh wait it isn’t yet.
- Thesis committee, into your hands I commend my doctoral dissertation.
This is just for laughs and I don’t mean to offend any religious feelings! I’m an observant Catholic and Holy Week for me is an amazing celebration of our faith.